The Bhumi team operated a Relief Centre for the TN Floods in Chennai between Dec 08 – Dec 20. The relief centre collected relief materials from hundreds of donors and used 100+ volunteers to sort, pack the materials, while another team of volunteers verified requests and fulfilled them.
During this period, the relief centre channeled relief material worth an estimated Rs.72,95,878/- towards communities and children’s homes in Chennai, Chidambaram, Cuddalore, Kancheepuram, Panruti, Pondicherry, Tindivanam, Tiruvallur & Virudhachalam.
Please note this does not include materials that were donated and directly given to the beneficiaries or to other partner organisations part of the Chennai Rain Relief Team. A more detailed report will follow in the coming weeks.
All of us at Bhumi are thankful
- To the Olympia group for providing us the relief centre
- To all those who offered us their homes and offices as relief centres and helped us get the centre
- To all the countless donors who donated relief materials from across Chennai and the rest of India.
- To Amazon India, Mahindra Home Finance, NTT Data, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Hitachi Metals, Srinar Electronics and all our corporate partners who supported us
- To all those who donated financial support or fund-raised via Bhumi(India), Bhumi (USA), Letzchange etc. from across the world
- To the Bhumi teams in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Delhi and other places for collecting relief materials
- To the countless Bhumi volunteers who made all this possible
Bhumi’s relief centre is now closed and we have shifted to rehabilitation work, focused primarily of educational institutions and children’s homes. Keep following the site for regular updates or sign up for our updates here.Support Bhumi’s flood relief efforts